Quantcast

year dummies and time dummies reg.

preethi
Hi Sir/Madam,
                   I am S. Preethi doing Ph.D on Vertical FDI Spillovers. I am using the Levinsohn-Petrin approach to estimate the TFP. I am using Stata for this. I have a doubt in this. When I try to run the levpet command, I get the error 'repeated time values within the panel'.
                   My data set is like this. I have data for 13 industries and for each industry I have data for 11 years ie., 2001-2011. May be this is the reason why i get the error. From the previous studies I understand they have given year dummies and firm dummies.
                   My question is how I should give the dummies. (Year id and Firm id). Kindly help me in this regard. Waiting for a reply. If I should give more information, kindly let me know.

Regards,
S. Preethi,
Doctoral Scholar.