survival analysis with time varying covariates

survival analysis with time varying covariates

mosterbur
I'm working on project using survival analysis to predict policy adoption and I am having trouble with how to handle to my time varying covariates(TVCs). My dataset is annual data for 35 countries from 1971 to 2005 and includes variables for inflation, education expenditures, gdp, etc all of which vary annually. Everything that I have read has indicated that for TVCs I need to use stsplit to split my data, but this seems problematic given that I would need to split the data for every year for every country.

Can anyone explain to me how I can appropriately handle the TVCs?

Thank you
Meg