st: saving bootstrapped ROCs

Visintainer PhD, Paul
I'd like to save the ROC values from bootstrapped logistic regression equations.  I can bootstrap the logistic regression command, but I'm not sure how to capture the ROCs, since the ROC is computed using a command that follows the -logisitic- command., e.g.,

.logistic <vars>
.lroc

Any suggestions?

 Thanks,

-p
_____________________
Paul F. Visintainer, PhD
Baystate Health System
280 Chestnut Street
Springfield, MA 01199
Tel:  413.794.7686
Fax: 413.794.0300

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication and any
attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for
the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this communication in error and that any review,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please reply to the sender immediately or by telephone at
(413) 794-0000 and destroy all copies of this communication and any
attachments. For further information regarding Baystate Health's
privacy policy, please visit our Internet web site at
http://www.baystatehealth.com.

st: RE: saving bootstrapped ROCs

Martin Weiss-5
Line for the server...

Everything rides on how many values you want to save. If you want just one,
save it to a -local-

*********
webuse lbw2, clear
logistic low age lwt race2 race3 smoke ptl ht ui, vce(bootstrap, reps(100))
qui lroc, nodraw
loc area= r(area)
di `area'
*********

If you want to do this repeatedly, you might want to look into -postfile-...

st: RE: RE: saving bootstrapped ROCs

Visintainer PhD, Paul
Thanks, Martin.  Actually, the manual (as usual) gives an example of what I needed to do. With a little tinkering, I was able to get it to work. Apparently, when several commands are involved, you write a small .ado that runs what you need to do, returning the necessary scalars.  Then you bootstrap the small .ado, and save the output using the options available in -bootstrap-.

Regards,

-p

Paul F. Visintainer, PhD
Baystate Health System