st: micombine logit, odds ratio

Xu, Haiyong
Hi,
I am using "ice" and "micombine logit" to run a logistic regression from the imputed data. The "or" option in "logit" command doesn't work. It outputs the coefficients instead of odds ratio. Could someone help me out of this problem? My code is something like this.

ice married male white grad_degree using impute, seed(1123) m(5)
use impute, clear
micombine logit married male white grad_degree, or

Thanks.
Haiyong

IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.  Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.

Re: st: micombine logit, odds ratio

Joao Ricardo F. Lima
Dear Haiyong,

I think you can use logistic instead logit with or option.

HTH,

Joao Lima

2008/12/3 Xu, Haiyong <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
> I am using "ice" and "micombine logit" to run a logistic regression from the imputed data. The "or" option in "logit" command doesn't work. It outputs the coefficients instead of odds ratio. Could someone help me out of this problem? My code is something like this.
>
> ice married male white grad_degree using impute, seed(1123) m(5)
> use impute, clear
> micombine logit married male white grad_degree, or
>
> Thanks.
> Haiyong
>
> IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.  Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.

Joao Ricardo Lima, D.Sc.
Professor
UFPB-CCA-DCFS
Fone: +553138923914
Skype: joao_ricardo_lima

RE: st: micombine logit, odds ratio

Xu, Haiyong
Hi Joao,
Thanks for your reply, but it doesn't work either.
Haiyong

I think you can use logistic instead logit with or option.

HTH,

Joao Lima

2008/12/3 Xu, Haiyong <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
> I am using "ice" and "micombine logit" to run a logistic regression from the imputed data. The "or" option in "logit" command doesn't work. It outputs the coefficients instead of odds ratio. Could someone help me out of this problem? My code is something like this.
>
> ice married male white grad_degree using impute, seed(1123) m(5)
> use impute, clear
> micombine logit married male white grad_degree, or
>
> Thanks.
> Haiyong
>
> IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.  Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.

Joao Ricardo Lima, D.Sc.
Professor
UFPB-CCA-DCFS
Fone: +553138923914
Skype: joao_ricardo_lima

IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.  Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.

Re: st: micombine logit, odds ratio

Richard Williams
At 01:24 PM 12/3/2008, Xu, Haiyong wrote:

>Hi,
>I am using "ice" and "micombine logit" to run a logistic regression
>from the imputed data. The "or" option in "logit" command doesn't
>work. It outputs the coefficients instead of odds ratio. Could
>someone help me out of this problem? My code is something like this.
>
>ice married male white grad_degree using impute, seed(1123) m(5)
>use impute, clear
>micombine logit married male white grad_degree, or
>
>Thanks.
>Haiyong

There is an eform option for micombine.  See the micombine help for details.

You might also check out the -mim- command, available from SSC.  It
looks to me like it is more powerful than micombine.  Both feature
Royston as author or coauthor, so I am not sure why both continue to exist.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [hidden email]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam

RE: st: micombine logit, odds ratio

Nick Cox
Richard is right that -micombine- is regarded as by its authors as
superseded by -mim-.

Stuff remains on SSC or in any other Stata software archive for one or
more of at least the following reasons:

(a) Because no one asked for it to be removed.

(b) Because often newer stuff requires a later version of Stata than
users may have. That is, older stuff may remain useful to people who
cannot afford to upgrade.

(c) Because people may wish to run other do files or programs referring
to it to produce identical or compatible results, or to avoid rewriting
code.

(d) For comparison purposes.

(e) It does no harm and takes up minimal space.