st: Exporting results after -table-

Herve STOLOWY
Dear Statalisters:

Do you know a way to export results in a tab-delimited file after the -table- command?

My command line is the following:

table risk info , c(mean return) row col, if round>7 & round<26 & win==1 & offer==1

Best regards

Herve Stolowy

Professeur/Professor
President of the French Accounting Association (AFC)
HEC Paris
Departement Comptabilite Controle de gestion / Dept of Accounting and Management Control
1, rue de la Liberation
78351 - Jouy-en-Josas
France
Tel: +33 1 39 67 94 42 - Fax: +33 1 39 67 70 86
mail: stolowy at hec dot fr
web: http://www.hec.fr/stolowy

st: Re: Exporting results after -table-

Martin Weiss-5
-ssc d tabout-

_______________________
> Do you know a way to export results in a tab-delimited file after
> the -table- command?
>
> My command line is the following:
>
> table risk info , c(mean return) row col, if round>7 & round<26 & win==1 &
> offer==1
>
> Best regards
>
> Herve Stolowy

> Professeur/Professor
> President of the French Accounting Association (AFC)
> HEC Paris
> Departement Comptabilite Controle de gestion / Dept of Accounting and
> Management Control
> 1, rue de la Liberation
> 78351 - Jouy-en-Josas
> France
> Tel: +33 1 39 67 94 42 - Fax: +33 1 39 67 70 86
> mail: stolowy at hec dot fr
> web: http://www.hec.fr/stolowy

st: Re: Exporting results after -table-

I do not think that you had those commas in your original command...

Here is a tabout example:

***********
cap ssc inst tabout
sysuse auto, clear
table r f if w>1600, c(mean mp) row col
tabout r f using table.txt if w>1600, ///
c(mean mp) sum replace style(tab)
***********

_______________________
> Do you know a way to export results in a tab-delimited file after
> the -table- command?
>
> My command line is the following:
>
> table risk info , c(mean return) row col, if round>7 & round<26 & win==1 &
> offer==1
>
> Best regards
>
> Herve Stolowy

> Professeur/Professor
> President of the French Accounting Association (AFC)
> HEC Paris
> Departement Comptabilite Controle de gestion / Dept of Accounting and
> Management Control
> 1, rue de la Liberation
> 78351 - Jouy-en-Josas
> France
> Tel: +33 1 39 67 94 42 - Fax: +33 1 39 67 70 86
> mail: stolowy at hec dot fr
> web: http://www.hec.fr/stolowy

st: RE: Re: Exporting results after -table-

Nick Cox
Martin's surmise is incorrect. Herve's command line is perfectly legal.
You can flip back and forth between options and preceding material
provided you signal that with commas. That goes way way back. It is not
explicit in syntax diagrams but it is documented somewhere in [U].

Martin Weiss

I do not think that you had those commas in your original command...

Herve STOLOWY

> My command line is the following:
>
> table risk info , c(mean return) row col, if round>7 & round<26 &
win==1 &
> offer==1

st: Re: RE: Re: Exporting results after -table-

Martin Weiss-5
That is good to know. Sometimes I want to give the -if- qualifier more
prominence and this is the way to do it....

_______________________
> Martin's surmise is incorrect. Herve's command line is perfectly legal.
> You can flip back and forth between options and preceding material
> provided you signal that with commas. That goes way way back. It is not
> explicit in syntax diagrams but it is documented somewhere in [U].
>
> Nick
> [hidden email]
>
> Martin Weiss
>
> I do not think that you had those commas in your original command...
>
> Herve STOLOWY
>
>> My command line is the following:
>>
>> table risk info , c(mean return) row col, if round>7 & round<26 &
> win==1 &
>> offer==1

st: RE: Re: RE: Re: Exporting results after -table-

Nick Cox
Not so sure about that. My guess is that the developers of StataCorp put
this in because they wanted it themselves at a time when reissuing a
command line was a bigger deal than it is now. And once in, circa 1985,
it stayed in.

If you want to emphasise an -if- there are other ways to do it:

local BIGIF if round>7 & round<26 & win==1 &  offer==1

table risk info `BIGIF', c(mean return) row col

As people say, hereabouts at any rate, there's a big "if" attached to
that.

Martin Weiss