st: Agreement statistic, gold standard not binary

st: Agreement statistic, gold standard not binary

Marcus Fischer
How can I estimate  and compare two diagnostic tests� accuracies with
a gold standard when the diagnostic test scales and the scale of the
gold standard are ordinal variables (each 0 to 3) ?
Thanks

Re: st: Agreement statistic, gold standard not binary

Jeph Herrin

Not quite sure what you are aiming for, but try -kappa-

Marcus Fischer wrote:

> How can I estimate  and compare two diagnostic tests� accuracies with
> a gold standard when the diagnostic test scales and the scale of the
> gold standard are ordinal variables (each 0 to 3) ?
> Thanks

Antw: Re: st: Agreement statistic, gold standard not binary

Marcus Fischer
kappa - ok.  But how can I compare whether two kappas are significantly
different from each other ?