Quantcast

overid after ivregress

xueliansharon
Dear all,

I meet a strange problem, the command "overid" can't be used after ivregress, the error message is
"overid not supported for command ivregress
last estimates not found
r(301)"

This is strange, since in the help file of overid, it says that overid can "Calculate tests of overidentifying restrictions after ivregress, ivreg2, ivprobit, ivtobit, and reg3", so why does this problem happen? BTW, my version for overid is st0030_3 .

The commands I use are:
sysuse auto
ivregress 2sls price mpg (weight turn=length displacement gear_ratio trunk)
overid

Hope to get your help.

Many thanks,
Sharon

AW: overid after ivregress

Try

*************
ssc d overid
*************

where no promise is made of any support for -ivregress-.

Re: AW: overid after ivregress

xueliansharon
Got it, thanks!

Best,
Sharon

Re: overid after ivregress

Stas Kolenikov
-ivregress- is "too new" for -overid-. Besides, -help ivregress
postestimation- informs that -estat overid- can be used to obtain the
overidentification test.

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:20 AM, xueliansharon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I meet a strange problem, the command "overid" can't be used after
> ivregress, the error message is
> "overid not supported for command ivregress
> last estimates not found
> r(301)"
>
> This is strange, since in the help file of overid, it says that overid can
> "Calculate tests of overidentifying restrictions after ivregress, ivreg2,
> ivprobit, ivtobit, and reg3", so why does this problem happen? BTW, my
> version for overid is st0030_3 .
>
> The commands I use are:
> sysuse auto
> ivregress 2sls price mpg (weight turn=length displacement gear_ratio trunk)
> overid
>
> Hope to get your help.
>
> Many thanks,
> Sharon

Re: overid after ivregress

xueliansharon
Hi, Stas,

I got the results now, thanks for your help.

Re: overid after ivregress
Jul 15, 2010; 05:36pm — by Stas Kolenikov