Quantcast

option refseqid in command sqom

zorobabel
Dear statalisters,
I have a question about the option "refseqid" command sqom. In fact, i implemented this command but stata shows the following message error:

sqom,refseqid(0.76470846)
option refseqid() not allowed
r(198);

Many thanks!

Zorobabel

Re: option refseqid in command sqom

Ulrich Kohler
Am Mittwoch, den 29.09.2010, 08:06 -0700 schrieb zorobabel:
> Dear statalisters,
> I have a question about the option "refseqid" command sqom. In fact, i
> implemented this command but stata shows the following message error:
>
> sqom,refseqid(0.76470846)
> option refseqid() not allowed
> r(198);

-sqom- is part of the user written ado package "sq" for sequence
analysis and optimal matching, as described in Stata Journal 6 (4). The
initial version distributed along with the article in the Stata Journal
has been updated on various occations via SSC. The most recent update
was in March 2010. Make sure that you use this most recent version, i.e.

. ssc install sq, replace

Although I think you use an outdated version of -sqom-, the update as
such will only give you a different error-message. From what you showed
us above I infer that you used a sequence identifier variable with
dezimal points, while -sqom- wants the sequence identifier to be an
integer number or a string variable:

. use http://www.wzb.eu/~kohler/ado/youthemp, clear
. reshape long st, i(id) j(order)
. sqset st id order
. sqom, refseqid(1)
. replace id = id/7
. sqom, refseqid(.2857143)
reference sequence does not exist

I going to look into the code of -sqom-, -sqset- and all the other
programs of the sq-package to see whether I can change the behaviour of
the program concerning non-integer values in sequence identifiers.
Meanwhile I suggest to use only integer sequence-id variables. In the
example above this could be done as follows:

. egen newid = group(id)
. sqset st newid order
. sqom, refseqid(1)

Man regards

Uli

+49 (0)30 25491-361

Re: option refseqid in command sqom

zorobabel
Thanks you very much!
I proceeded to the updating of "sq package". Then, i used integer id (in the sqdemo database) but i have the same error message.
I don't knows, after the updating, i checked the ado file in STATA 11 but there isn't  updated "sq.ado ". Is it normal?
May be, i  have several "ado path"
Thanks you again

Am Donnerstag, den 30.09.2010, 04:29 -0700 schrieb zorobabel:
> Thanks you very much!
> I proceeded to the updating of "sq package". Then, i used integer id (in the
> sqdemo database) but i have the same error message.
> I don't knows, after the updating, i checked the ado file in STATA 11 but
> there isn't  updated "sq.ado ". Is it normal?
> May be, i  have several "ado path"

"sq.ado" doesn't exist.

The SQ package consists of various ado-files, such as "sqom.ado",
"sqtab.ado" and two Mata libraries (lsq.mlib and lsqbm). If you update
the sq-package during a Stata session, in which you have already used
sqom you should type

. discard

and

. mata: mata mlib index

To check whether you are working with the right version of the sq-files
type

. which sqom

which should give you something like

/home/kohler/ado/stbplus/s/sqom.ado
*! version 1.19.0 September 30, 2010 @ 09:51:24 UK
*! Perform an optimal matching with Needleman-Wunsch-Algorithm
*! Author: Kohler/Luniak,

(I have updated sqom.ado this morning, German time. The update addresses
your original problem.)

Uli

Re: option refseqid in command sqom

zorobabel
Thanks you very much, it works!  (you save my life)

Sorry, i have another question : how can i implement sqset command when the data is unbalanced. In fact, i have the following error message:

sqset st1 code1 year
order variable has gaps!

Many thanks again!

Am Donnerstag, den 30.09.2010, 07:21 -0700 schrieb zorobabel:
> Thanks you very much, it works!  (you save my life)
>
> Sorry, i have another question : how can i implement sqset command when the
> data is unbalanced. In fact, i have the following error message:
>
> sqset st1 code1 year
> order variable has gaps!

This really depend on your research question. If read -help sq- you will
find a section "Gaps, missings, etc." which gives an overview on what
can be done.

Uli

Re: option refseqid in command sqom

zorobabel