Quantcast

need help to perform SEM for observed continuous and categorical data

need help to perform SEM for observed continuous and categorical data

nadiahassan
I am working on SEM model that has more than50 observed variables. these include continuous observed variables for dependent variable whereas, continuous, dichotomous and categorical observed variables for independent latent variables.
I read on statlist archives to use polychoric command for performing sem on categorical data. I have installed the command.

My questions are:
Q1: Do I have to use this command for all 50 vars at a tiem? I tried it but result window displays
" could not calculate numerical derivatives
missing values encountered"
Q2: If i estimate polychoric matrix how can i do sem on this info?

Regards