Quantcast

install beamer under Miktex

sun samn

Hi, there,
   my question is a little off the theme, but I do not have other options.
Could someone help me install beamer under Miktex? I already have Miktex intalled, now I wanna install Beamer; the manual says as follows:
  2.2.2 MiKTeX
For MiKTEX, use the update wizard to install the (latest versions of the) packages called latex-beamer,
pgf, and xcolor.

but it don't work.

thanks a lot!
samn

Re: install beamer under Miktex

Tirthankar Chakravarty
You would probably do better to take your question to a dedicated
LaTeX forum, e.g.:
http://www.latex-community.org/

However, you are probably best off using MikTeX Update Wizard as
recommended. You can do this in a number of ways, including typing
c:\> mpm
at a standard command prompt (provided the MiKTeX binaries folder is
in your path - you can check by typing
c:\> path
at the command prompt). Or you can access it directly from your
Windows Start Menu under the MikTeX group of programs (it is called
"Update").

Else, you can download Beamer from here:
http://latex-beamer.sourceforge.net/
and put it in your MikTeX directory "../MiKTeX2.8/tex/latex/". Also,
see above link for an example of how to use it once installed.

2010/4/16 sun samn <[hidden email]>:

> Hi, there,
>    my question is a little off the theme, but I do not have other options.
> Could someone help me install beamer under Miktex? I already have Miktex intalled, now I wanna install Beamer; the manual says as follows:
>   2.2.2 MiKTeX
> For MiKTEX, use the update wizard to install the (latest versions of the) packages called latex-beamer,
> pgf, and xcolor.
>
> but it don't work.
>
> thanks a lot!
> samn

To every ω-consistent recursive class κ of formulae there correspond
recursive class signs r, such that neither v Gen r nor Neg(v Gen r)
belongs to Flg(κ) (where v is the free variable of r).

Re: install beamer under Miktex

Nils Braakmann
Isn't beamer included in the Miktex distribution? I use it and I'm
pretty sure I never downloaded it anywhere separately (I use Miktex
2.7).

Best,
Nils

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 7:58 AM, sun samn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, there,
>    my question is a little off the theme, but I do not have other options.
> Could someone help me install beamer under Miktex? I already have Miktex intalled, now I wanna install Beamer; the manual says as follows:
>   2.2.2 MiKTeX
> For MiKTEX, use the update wizard to install the (latest versions of the) packages called latex-beamer,
> pgf, and xcolor.
>
> but it don't work.
>
> thanks a lot!
> samn

Re: install beamer under Miktex

Tirthankar Chakravarty
Indeed. You can easily test whether you can avoid the hassle by
compiling a skeleton Beamer document (as from the link above -
http://latex-beamer.sourceforge.net/) :

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\documentclass{beamer}

\usepackage{beamerthemesplit}

\title{Example Presentation Created with the Beamer Package}
\author{Till Tantau}
\date{\today}

\begin{document}

\frame{\titlepage}

\section[Outline]{}
\frame{\tableofcontents}

\section{Introduction}
\subsection{Overview of the Beamer Class}
\frame
{
  \frametitle{Features of the Beamer Class}

  \begin{itemize}
  \item<1-> Normal LaTeX class.
  \item<2-> Easy overlays.
  \item<3-> No external programs needed.
  \end{itemize}
}
\end{document}
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

2010/4/16 Nils Braakmann <[hidden email]>:

> Isn't beamer included in the Miktex distribution? I use it and I'm
> pretty sure I never downloaded it anywhere separately (I use Miktex
> 2.7).
>
> Best,
> Nils
>
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 7:58 AM, sun samn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Hi, there,
>>    my question is a little off the theme, but I do not have other options.
>> Could someone help me install beamer under Miktex? I already have Miktex intalled, now I wanna install Beamer; the manual says as follows:
>>   2.2.2 MiKTeX
>> For MiKTEX, use the update wizard to install the (latest versions of the) packages called latex-beamer,
>> pgf, and xcolor.
>>
>> but it don't work.
>>
>> thanks a lot!
>> samn

>> Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft.
>> https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969

To every ω-consistent recursive class κ of formulae there correspond
recursive class signs r, such that neither v Gen r nor Neg(v Gen r)
belongs to Flg(κ) (where v is the free variable of r).

AW: st: install beamer under Miktex

" Isn't beamer included in the Miktex distribution?"

Depends on whether you do the "complete" or "basic" installation.

Isn't beamer included in the Miktex distribution? I use it and I'm
pretty sure I never downloaded it anywhere separately (I use Miktex
2.7).

Best,
Nils

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 7:58 AM, sun samn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, there,
>    my question is a little off the theme, but I do not have other options.
> Could someone help me install beamer under Miktex? I already have Miktex
intalled, now I wanna install Beamer; the manual says as follows:
>   2.2.2 MiKTeX
> For MiKTEX, use the update wizard to install the (latest versions of the)
packages called latex-beamer,

> pgf, and xcolor.
>
> but it don't work.
>
> thanks a lot!
> samn

RE: install beamer under Miktex

sun samn

No, there is no beamer in my case. Thanks for your help!

> Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:58:55 +0200
> Subject: Re: st: install beamer under Miktex
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Isn't beamer included in the Miktex distribution? I use it and I'm
> pretty sure I never downloaded it anywhere separately (I use Miktex
> 2.7).
>
> Best,
> Nils
>
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 7:58 AM, sun samn  wrote:
>>

>> Hi, there,
>>    my question is a little off the theme, but I do not have other options.
>> Could someone help me install beamer under Miktex? I already have Miktex intalled, now I wanna install Beamer; the manual says as follows:
>>   2.2.2 MiKTeX
>> For MiKTEX, use the update wizard to install the (latest versions of the) packages called latex-beamer,
>> pgf, and xcolor.
>>
>> but it don't work.
>>
>> thanks a lot!
>> samn

>> Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft.
>> https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969

> * For searches and help try:
> * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

RE: install beamer under Miktex

sun samn

Hi, I followed your instruction, but did not work. My Miktex is WinEdt, where I cannot find the " .../MiKTeX2.8/tex/latex/"

But when I put the beamer into a folder, and there is an error message saying ' the fold does not seem to  be a local package repository '

do you what's going there?

thanks!

> Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:52:51 +0530
> Subject: Re: st: install beamer under Miktex
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
>
> You would probably do better to take your question to a dedicated
> LaTeX forum, e.g.:
> http://www.latex-community.org/
>
> However, you are probably best off using MikTeX Update Wizard as
> recommended. You can do this in a number of ways, including typing
> c:\> mpm
> at a standard command prompt (provided the MiKTeX binaries folder is
> in your path - you can check by typing
> c:\> path
> at the command prompt). Or you can access it directly from your
> Windows Start Menu under the MikTeX group of programs (it is called
> "Update").
>
> Else, you can download Beamer from here:
> http://latex-beamer.sourceforge.net/
> and put it in your MikTeX directory "../MiKTeX2.8/tex/latex/". Also,
> see above link for an example of how to use it once installed.

> 2010/4/16 sun samn :
>>

>> Hi, there,
>>    my question is a little off the theme, but I do not have other options.
>> Could someone help me install beamer under Miktex? I already have Miktex intalled, now I wanna install Beamer; the manual says as follows:
>>   2.2.2 MiKTeX
>> For MiKTEX, use the update wizard to install the (latest versions of the) packages called latex-beamer,
>> pgf, and xcolor.
>>
>> but it don't work.
>>
>> thanks a lot!
>> samn

>> Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft.
>> https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969

> To every ω-consistent recursive class κ of formulae there correspond
> recursive class signs r, such that neither v Gen r nor Neg(v Gen r)
> belongs to Flg(κ) (where v is the free variable of r).
>
> *
> * For searches and help try:
> * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

RE: install beamer under Miktex

" My Miktex is WinEdt,"

WinEdt is probably your editor, quite distinct from your Miktex
installation. You should look at the directories in some path like
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.7". Still, this list is not about Latex...

Hi, I followed your instruction, but did not work. My Miktex is WinEdt,
where I cannot find the " .../MiKTeX2.8/tex/latex/"

But when I put the beamer into a folder, and there is an error message
saying ' the fold does not seem to  be a local package repository '

do you what's going there?

thanks!

> Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:52:51 +0530
> Subject: Re: st: install beamer under Miktex
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
>
> You would probably do better to take your question to a dedicated
> LaTeX forum, e.g.:
> http://www.latex-community.org/
>
> However, you are probably best off using MikTeX Update Wizard as
> recommended. You can do this in a number of ways, including typing
> c:\> mpm
> at a standard command prompt (provided the MiKTeX binaries folder is
> in your path - you can check by typing
> c:\> path
> at the command prompt). Or you can access it directly from your
> Windows Start Menu under the MikTeX group of programs (it is called
> "Update").
>
> Else, you can download Beamer from here:
> http://latex-beamer.sourceforge.net/
> and put it in your MikTeX directory "../MiKTeX2.8/tex/latex/". Also,
> see above link for an example of how to use it once installed.

> 2010/4/16 sun samn :
>>

>> Hi, there,
>>    my question is a little off the theme, but I do not have other
options.
>> Could someone help me install beamer under Miktex? I already have Miktex
intalled, now I wanna install Beamer; the manual says as follows:
>>   2.2.2 MiKTeX
>> For MiKTEX, use the update wizard to install the (latest versions of the)
packages called latex-beamer,

>> pgf, and xcolor.
>>
>> but it don't work.
>>
>> thanks a lot!
>> samn

>> Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft.
>> https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969

> To every ω-consistent recursive class κ of formulae there correspond
> recursive class signs r, such that neither v Gen r nor Neg(v Gen r)
> belongs to Flg(κ) (where v is the free variable of r).
>
> *
> * For searches and help try:
> * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

RE: install beamer under Miktex

Fiedler, James (JSC-SK)[USRA]
The " .../MiKTeX2.8/tex/latex/" in your case could be " .../MiKTeX2.2/tex/latex/"  (I'm guessing).

I don't know about MiKTeX 2.2, but for me (MiKTeX 2.7 or 2.8 and Windows) MiKTeX came with a program called Browse Packages.  If I want a package, I open Browse Packages, find the package, press the "+", and that's it.

I might then go to Settings program > General > Refresh FNDB and Update Formats.  This step might not be necessary if you use the Browse Packages, but I do think it's necessary if you install the packages on your own.

James