install beamer in MikTex

sun samn

Hello folks,

   I am trying to install beamer  in my MikTex, and I think I follow the instruction exactly . But when I run the example file, it does not go through. The error message says some .sty files are missing. Could someone help me out?

thanks,

sam

RE: install beamer in MikTex

Kieran McCaul-2

well, without any further information, I suppose the thing to do would be to install those missing .sty files.

   I am trying to install beamer  in my MikTex, and I think I follow the instruction exactly . But when I run the example file, it does not go through. The error message says some .sty files are missing. Could someone help me out?

thanks,

sam

AW: install beamer in MikTex

Isn`t there a dedicated forum for help on Latex?

Re: AW: install beamer in MikTex

nshephard
Administrator
On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Martin Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> <>
>
> Isn`t there a dedicated forum for help on Latex?

Yes http://tinyurl.com/246wfvo

(Try the Support section of the website  first returned hit)

Neil

--
"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he

Email - [hidden email]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/

RE: install beamer in MikTex

sun samn

You're right. But the file is in one of the packages. I don't know whether I need to replace the whole package or just insert the file into the package.

thanks!

> Subject: st: RE: install beamer in MikTex
> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:46:45 +0800
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]

> well, without any further information, I suppose the thing to do would be to install those missing .sty files.

could you tell where is it? thanks!

2010/7/22 sun samn <[hidden email]>:

> could you tell where is it? thanks!

You perhaps missed my post yesterday...

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-07/msg01063.html

...which directs you to the MikTeX support forums.

Neil
--
"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he
rather gives his mind to each particular case in the light of his
evidence and his ideas." - Sir Ronald A. Fisher (1956)

Email - [hidden email]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/

RE: install beamer in MikTex

Kieran McCaul-2

Oh FFS.

MikTex must be one of the easiest flavours of LaTex to work with.

It has a package manager.  This is what you use to install new packages
like beamer.  Is that what you used to install beamer?  If not, install
it with the package manager.

Does beamer work now.

If not, run the Update program. This will update all the packages that
you currently have installed.
Now try running beamer.

If it still doesn't work, go to Settings and make sure that "Install
missing packages on the fly" is set to "Yes".  While you're there you
may as well click the "Refresh FNDB" button and the "Update Formats"
button.
Click "OK" and now try and run beamer.

You're right. But the file is in one of the packages. I don't know
whether I need to replace the whole package or just insert the file into
the package.

thanks!

> Subject: st: RE: install beamer in MikTex
> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:46:45 +0800
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]

> well, without any further information, I suppose the thing to do would
be to install those missing .sty files.

I did miss that, Thanks!

> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 06:23:08 +0000
> Subject: Re: st: AW: install beamer in MikTex
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
>
> 2010/7/22 sun samn :
>>
>> could you tell where is it? thanks!
>>

> You perhaps missed my post yesterday...
>
> http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-07/msg01063.html
>
> ...which directs you to the MikTeX support forums.
>
> Neil
> --
> "... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
> from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he
> rather gives his mind to each particular case in the light of his
> evidence and his ideas." - Sir Ronald A. Fisher (1956)
>
> Email - [hidden email]
> Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/
> Photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/slackline/
> *
> * For searches and help try:
> * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

RE: install beamer in MikTex

sun samn

Actually, I got a more serious problem: I cannot download the complete version of MikTex from its web. Did someone have the same problem before?

thanks!

> Subject: RE: st: RE: install beamer in MikTex
> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:00:06 +0800
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]

> Oh FFS.
>
> MikTex must be one of the easiest flavours of LaTex to work with.
>
> It has a package manager. This is what you use to install new packages
> like beamer. Is that what you used to install beamer? If not, install
> it with the package manager.
>
> Does beamer work now.
>
> If not, run the Update program. This will update all the packages that
> you currently have installed.
> Now try running beamer.
>
> If it still doesn't work, go to Settings and make sure that "Install
> missing packages on the fly" is set to "Yes". While you're there you
> may as well click the "Refresh FNDB" button and the "Update Formats"
> button.
> Click "OK" and now try and run beamer.

Nick Cox
I think the answers are the same as you have already received:

1. Although many Stata users use various flavours of *TeX, Statalist is
not a good forum for TeX support questions. Please don't send such
questions to the list. Find some better source of help.

2. I suspect that even *TeX experts would need more information than you
give here to answer your problem.