generate common id

lubna
dear statalist

I am working on three waves (2001,2004 & 2010) of panel  rural household data of Pakistan.The problem is that one of the waves(2004)  does not have household id which makes it impossible to merge all three waves .Can you please guide me that what command in stata can be used to generate common  id for all three waves or any other way to merge all three waves in stata.

Sincerely

Lubna Naz
 PhD student Pakistan Institute of Development Economics,Islamabad,Pakistan.