Quantcast

filter string variable

victor

I have a dataset which contains the amount of contributions from various lobbies to a member of congress. However, for my research I am only interested in the contributions from the agricultural lobby. Therefore, I would like to filter in a way that keeps only the observations which contain words like “agri” or “farm” etc. in it. Since I have to do this for various members of congress on several occasions I would like to make some sort of code for it. So far I am unable to work something out.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Thanks in advance,
Victor