creating US counties map with stata 8.2

sara borelli
Dear Statalister,
I am trying to create a map graphycally depicting a variable x for each US county

I have been reading some FAQ but I can't find the appropriate commands. I have installed tmap, mif2dta, but when I try to use midf2dta it says it requires stata9, but I have only stata8.2

Is there a way to do this?
thank you
sara

Re: creating US counties map with stata 8.2

Maarten buis
--- On Mon, 15/11/10, sara borelli wrote:
> I am trying to create a map graphycally depicting a
> variable x for each US county
>
> I have been reading some FAQ but I can't find the
> appropriate commands. I have installed tmap, mif2dta, but
> when I try to use midf2dta it says it requires stata9, but I
> have only stata8.2

The options open to you are listed here:
<http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/lang/version2.html>

Hope this helps,
Maarten

--------------------------
Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstrasse 36
72074 Tuebingen
Germany

http://www.maartenbuis.nl
--------------------------

Re: creating US counties map with stata 8.2

Sergiy Radyakin
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 6:49 AM, sara borelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Statalister,
> I am trying to create a map graphycally depicting a variable x for each US county
>
> I have been reading some FAQ but I can't find the appropriate commands. I have installed tmap, mif2dta, but when I try to use midf2dta it says it requires stata9, but I have only stata8.2
>
> Is there a way to do this?
> thank you
> sara

try replacing the "version 9.2" with "version 8.2" in the mif2dta.ado:
http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/m/mif2dta.ado
and check if that works.

Best, Sergiy

Re: creating US counties map with stata 8.2

sara borelli
thank you Maarten for your reply!
sara