calculation of area under curve with stata

calculation of area under curve with stata

elmir
Dear All,

I am analyzing the blood pressure (BP) levels from the three different groups of animals. BP was measured repeatedly in every animal at 10 different time points within 90 minutes from the start of the experiment. The animals were exposed to 3 different drugs (each group n=8).

I understand that one way to compare the effect of the drugs on blood pressure within the whole experimental period would be to calculate the area under the curve and to use this value in a linear mixed model.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with step-by-step instructions how to calculate AUC in stata.

Kind regards

Elmir Omerovic MD, PhD
Sahlgrenska University Hospital
Gothenburg, Sweden