Vuong test for nested linear models

Cindy
Hi, do anyone know how to do Vuong test (Vuong 1989) for model selection of two nested linear models in Stata? It seems that people use Vuong test mostly for non-nested models. But Vuong (1989) covers both nested and non-nested models. Following are my two models:

Model 1: Y=a0+a1X1+a2X2+e
Model 2: Y=b0+b1X1+b2X2+b3X3+v

Both models are OLS regressions. I need to test how significant the incremental adjusted R2 in model 2 is from adding X3 (my variable of interest) to model 1.

Also, it seems that a likelihood ratio test could be used to test nested models, too. But when I looked up the code in stata (lrtest), it says that it’s applicable for maximum likelihood models only.

Thank you very much!!