Using future realizations as dependent variable

Using future realizations as dependent variable

Florian Esser
Hello everyone,

I am thinking about a panel data model, where all independent variables
originate from t and the dependent variable is in t+1.

By doing so I would like to take into account the time it takes for the
effects of the independent variables to materialize.

Are there any specific estimation techniques that I have to use or can I
just go ahead and use, e.g., xtreg to perform the calculations?

How to proceed if I believe there to be some independent variables that
take time to materialize and some that have short term effects?

Thanks a lot for your consideration.