Quantcast

Set up svyset in cross sectional design survey research

Set up svyset in cross sectional design survey research

hamzah
Dear all colleges,

I have already a large-scale survey of basic health research. Providing set basic data that was collected through a national survey so we can use its result to arrange a health policy to the district/city level the survey had collected information from 258,366 households sampled and 987,205 household members sampled for measuring many public health indicators. The sampling design of survey was using "two stage sampling"  The result of this design required special treatment in which process using conventional statistic by complex samples in SPSS or svyset in STATA to make it possible to utilize two stage sampling designs, in processing and analyzing  the data set, the validity of analysis result can be optimized.
In case, the dataset that I have also already consist of variable "PSU, Weight, Inflate and Strata"  According information above and sampling design. I would like to ask you some questions.

The first question.
The set-up of dataset with "svyset" in beginning the process. Which ones the better writing of the syntax and what different the result if I want prefer choose one of them like below

1st syntax svyset
svyset psu [pweight=inflate], strata(strata), vce(linearized), singleunit(missing)
pweight: inflate
VCE: linearized
Single unit: missing
Strata 1: strata
SU 1: psu
FPC 1: <zero>

 or….

2nd syntax svyset
. svyset [pw=weight], strata(strata) psu(psu)
      pweight: weight
          VCE: linearized
  Single unit: missing
     Strata 1: strata
         SU 1: psu
        FPC 1: <zero>

Or
3rd syntax svyset
svyset [pweight = inflate],strata(strata)
                pweight: inflate
                VCE: linearized
               Single unit: missing
                Strata 1: strata
                SU 1: <observations>
                FPC 1: <zero>

The second question.
Even thought the Sampling of the survey design was using two stage sampling, using from svydescribe  we only get only the data in one stages. what does the meaning?

. svydescribe

Survey: Describing stage 1 sampling  units
pweight: inflate
VCE: linearized
Single unit: missing
Strata 1: strata
SU 1: <observations>
FPC 1: <zero>

Could you please give me advance advice.
Sincerely yours