Quantcast

Matching fuzzy data by name and year

padgett5
I am working with a pane data set and want to match my variables based on the company name. however, I also want them to be matched by year as well. I was attempting to use reclink2 to accomplish this but was unable to include the year as a conditional matching criteria. I also assume that it would make matches from other years i.e. 1998 and 1999 would still create a fuzzy match. Is there anyway that I can make they year a strict criterion and then match the fuzzy data? I would appreciate any help.