Quantcast

Interpretation of /lnsig2u of xtprobit model

Interpretation of /lnsig2u of xtprobit model

ghimire
Hello,
I have a problem to read/interpret the stata outcome obtained from the xtprobit model. I am wondering if anyone has some idea to interpret the  /lnsig2u  shown up in stata outcome after the xtprobit command.

With best regards,
Ramesh Ghimire
Agricultural and Applied Economics
305 Conner Hall, The University of Georgia
Athens, 30602, GA
Ph. (706) 542 0843 (Office)
      (706) 201 1825 (Cell)
E-post: ghimire@uga.edu
Web page: ghimire.myweb.uga.edu

marginal effect after xtlogit model

ramesh
Hello,
I am using xtlogit model, which is in the form of: y= b0+b1.x1+b2.x1*x1+b3.x3 +b4.x4). I have one squared term (x1*x1) and two of my independent variables (x3 and x4) are binary and after using the 'xtlogit y x1 c.x1#c.x1 x3 x3' followed by 'margins, dydx(*) atmeans' I got the same beta coefficient as marginal effect, which is not correct. Is there any idea to correctly specify the marginal effect?

Regards,
Ramesh