Append in combination with insheet (of csv files)

Append in combination with insheet (of csv files)

Kaspar Dardas-2
Hi guys,

is there an efficient way of combining the append and insheet command?
I have multiple csv files, which I would like to display in one Stata session.

I have already tried
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-08/msg00949.html,
however, I get an error message which says "dir. not allowed" after
the fourth row.
I can't figure out this command doesn't work. I use Stata 11.

Cheers,

Kaspar

Re: Append in combination with insheet (of csv files)

nshephard
Administrator
On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Kaspar Dardas
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> is there an efficient way of combining the append and insheet command?
> I have multiple csv files, which I would like to display in one Stata session.
>
> I have already tried
> http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-08/msg00949.html,
> however, I get an error message which says "dir. not allowed" after
> the fourth row.
> I can't figure out this command doesn't work. I use Stata 11.

See -man extended fcn- for how the code in that line works.

Based on the above I'd hazard a guess that you have removed a space
between 'dir' and '.' as the '.' is indicating that files ending with
".csv" in the current directory (the '.' means current directory).

Neil

--
"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he

Email - [hidden email]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/

Re: Append in combination with insheet (of csv files)

Kaspar Dardas-2
Hi Neil,

Bingo! You were absolutely right. dir. --> dir .

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-08/msg00949.html

works fine after all.

Thank you very much,

Kaspar